Tuesday 22 April 2014

Keke Palmer To Become The Youngest Talk Show Host In History


Earlier today, it was announced that the 20-year-old media maven recently linked up with BET and Telepictures for a new show. And this time, she won’t be acting.

In the new series,that has been  titled The Keke Palmer Project, Keke will be following in the footsteps of Oprah Winfrey, Tyra Banks, and Queen Latifah with her very own talk show aimed at young adults.

She revealed in a statement:

I like to read quotes that touch on how I am feeling.  If I am dealing with confusion, I will read quotes about clarity and peace of mind as they are very uplifting to me. I started posting these quotes on my twitter page and the fans responded so positively! I realized that many of them were dealing with similar issues and the quotes helped to open up a genuine dialogue between us.
After her followers started saying that she should have her own show, Judge Mathis’ company, Mathis Productions, reached out to make it happen.

On her desire to be a talk show host, Keke revealed:

I come from a very small, poor town just outside of the Chicago area and I know what it’s like to dream and accomplish some of your goals, but I would never want to do a show where I am preaching to anyone because I do not like being preached at.  I want to learn right along with my audience and every show will be a collaborative effort.  I am so thankful to Debra Lee and everyone at the BET Network for providing me with this unique opportunity and platform.
This is amazing! We need more positive young females on television that young women can look up to. I still miss Teen Summit from back in the day!

When the show premieres in July, Keke will become the youngest talk show host in history. The title is currently held by Ricki Lake, who was 25 when she began her show.

Check out this throwback photo Keke recently posted on Instagram of her with Queen Latifah back in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment